Grants Council Nomination Thread [CLOSED]

Name: emixprime
Forum Username: @emixprime
Discord handle: emixprime
Twitter: emixprime

Background

What is your involvement with Push Protocol?

I have known Push Protocol since its early days when it was called EPNS. In 2021, when I was working at Idle DAO, I cooperated closely with @MrJaf and other guys from the EPNS team to launch the Idle DAO channel integration for its governance notifications.

I followed externally the protocol’s developments until the DAO was launched.

What experience do you have that is relevant to the Grants Council?

:radio_button: Grant Programs Design & Management experience

• In my experience at Idle DAO, I facilitated the creation and then managed IGP (Idle Grants Program). While working at this program, I managed tooling, budgeting and payouts, RFPs (Request For Proposals), applications’ evaluations, milestones tracking, and the entire journey of the applicants;

• I also had experience in project evaluation and scoring in some Hackathons (ETH Global) and participating in round grants on Gitcoin;
  • In my experience at Areta (formerly web3studios), I designed and implemented processes for the Uniswap-Arbitrum Grant Program (UAGP), to optimize efficiency, transparency, and accountability of a 6-month Grant Program.

:radio_button: Project Management experience

In my experience in the crypto industry, I have worked purely in roles such as Operations Manager and Project Manager. I have a chameleon-like experience moving from startups to DAOs and enterprises, I have experience managing cross-functional teams and short/mid/long term projects.

Having already had evidence that these skills are critical in managing a grant program, I’m confident I can bring helpful experience to the Grant Council.

What do you think a good community-owned Grants program looks like?

1. Simple, Smooth, and Clear processes
    DAOs are an outstanding pattern of organization, but the risk of inefficiency and slowness for some process steps is always around the corner. A community-owned Grant Program should not have slow and foggy processes; instead, the steps (from decision-making to organization) must be clear, simple, and fast;

2. Participatory Community
    Active community involvement is the basis for a community-owned grant program. Interaction, the injection of input, ideas, criticism, and evaluation, are at the heart of cooperation, which must be the main value of such an initiative.

3. Up-to-date Public Reporting
    Transparency and consistency in communication give the community the perception that the initiative is active, the desire to continuously engage members, and that progress of the Grant Program is moving forward (bi-weekly calls with grantees are a plus for engagement and transparency of the initiative).

Reports must be as truthful and sincere as possible, and clearly explain the rationale for actions taken, to avoid conflict situations and deadlocks in the DAO.

What are your goals for this program?

After the two editions of the PGP, the transition from internal management to full community can be delicate in some aspects.

We should work these 3 months to:

1. Quickly analyze the previous processes and understand any possible optimization;
  2. Test and verify the grant program model by distributing grants to valuable projects.

With the guidelines and the KPIs provided in PGIP-8, this initiative has already a strong basis for working in the right direction.

One Push DAO Season: February '24 - April '24

Goal Making the subDAO Grant work efficiently
Rationale The final objective is to find the working model, already operational, that can act as a subDAO, without complicating the current Push governance processes.
Achievement (1) New projects with positive impact for Push Protocol created
Achievement (2) Increased Push community engagement into the initiative
2 Likes