The purpose of the Push DAO is to facilitate the gradual decentralization of the Push Protocol, promote ecosystem growth, and shape the future of Push Protocol by leveraging a decentralized network of contributors.
To facilitate these goals, this proposal looks to implement a SubDAO that helps the DAO to design and implement frameworks that improve the DAO’s internal processes, while preparing the DAO to actively contribute to the distribution of Push Protocol products.
This proposal seeks to establish a group responsible for organizing and incentivizing the ideation and execution of DAO growth experiments. Drive Push adoption and culture and set the groundwork for the next chapter of the continued evolution of Push Protocol.
There is a lot of improvement that can be made on Push DAO’s internal frameworks which will enable the DAO to onboard more high-quality ambassadors, delegates, and contributors. To start the work to improve the DAO’s internal frameworks, this proposal serves as a first step towards formalizing a number of the DAO processes.
Additionally, the Push DAO’s products could benefit from additional business development efforts, this is where we see an opportunity for the DAO to come in, to power ecosystem native distribution through integration with several different protocols and DAOs across the web3 ecosystem.
This proposal requests the DAO to approve the setting up of a DAO Development and Growth SubDAO. The SubDAO will be responsible for managing and growing the following verticals:
As the DAO grows, the DAO needs to develop frameworks that will help the DAO’s stakeholders to meaningfully engage and contribute to the DAO and improve access to growth efforts. To also effectively manage the DAO, we need frameworks and processes that will help the DAO in its day-to-day operations.
These frameworks need to be designed on a case-by-case basis, considering the peculiarities of the DAO, here are a few examples of frameworks that we intend to design and implement in the Push DAO.
- Establish North Star Metrics and Core KPIs for the DAO.
- Building the Push DAO Strategic Frameworks (Culture, Vision, Mission & Values).
- Push Governance Process v2.
- Recognized Delegate Framework
- Define what is a Push SubDAO, and how they operate within the DAO.
- Push DAO Incentivization Program (Contributor onboarding and transparent reward distribution framework).
- Increase engagement in Governance.
- Community engagement: Foster an active and engaged community of developers and contributors.
- New Joiners: Managing onboarding for new joiners to provide context, knowledge sharing, and a sense of community for new contributors and developers.
- Push Culture: Build a strong culture for Push community members through the promotion of foundational principles that steer the Push DAO.
Ensuring that Push DAO has a clear strategy for facilitating the distribution of the DAO’s products is an essential component of scaling Push Protocol. This facet of the SubDAO is focused on getting as many DAO’s and protocols to use Push Protocol which will tie back to generating traction and revenue for the DAO.
Push DAO Growth will focus on partnerships and Business Development efforts that target DAOs looking to engage with their user base or token holders.
The growth team will gather product feedback from the community to provide input to the development team for further improvements and the product roadmap.
- Push DAO Ambassador Program (BD Focused): By leveraging the highly talented individuals in the Ambassador program as a decentralized workforce, these ambassadors will be tasked with utilizing DAO Governance in other DAOs to find a use case for Push Protocol and get it integrated into the protocol.
- Growing Adoption: Focus on expanding the user base and adoption of Push protocol. Partnerships, marketing efforts, and user incentives can drive more people to use the protocol.
- Product improvements: Fostering a strong and inclusive culture around Push, leading to attracting and retaining the best developers and contributors, and encouraging the development of new and creative solutions to key areas in Push protocol and Push DAO.
- Token Distribution: Facilitate the listing of the $PUSH token on popular centralized and decentralized exchanges. Increased accessibility often leads to higher trading volumes and potential price appreciation.
Tokenomics and Treasury Management
- Revenue Generation: Using the Push DAO treasury to generate income for the DAO.
- Increase Utility of $PUSH: Enhance the utility of the token within the ecosystem. For instance, offer staking, yield farming, or exclusive access to certain features/products within the platform.
- Treasury Diversification: This would involve ensuring that the Push DAO Treasury is sufficiently diversified to retain value in the DAOs assets, while delivering yield.
- Token Burns or Buybacks: Implement mechanisms that reduce the token supply, such as regular token burns or buyback programs. This can create scarcity, potentially increasing demand and price.
The SubDAO once established will be responsible for regular and continued reporting to the community. Initially, this will be done through:
- An open weekly ceremony to update the community on what initiatives the SubDAO is working on. With more meetings in the future to track the progress of and coordinate the different verticals.
- Detailed monthly reports that will provide an in-depth update of the work that has been done by the working group (KPIs, budget usage, etc), as well as the work that is still ongoing. The purpose of these reports would be to give the DAO transparency into the operations of the SubDAO.
The Push DAO Development and Growth SubDAO initiative is being led by the following community members:
Kenechukwu Eze is a Governance Analyst at StableLab, a leading provider of professional delegation, governance framework design, and product development services for DAOs. With a background in Law from the University of Nigeria Nsukka, Kenechukwu brings a unique blend of legal knowledge and expertise in decentralized finance (DeFi) to his role.
Kenechukwu specializes in designing and managing Governance Frameworks and Operations for DAOs. He has a proven track record in facilitating integrations and joint ventures between DeFi protocols, leveraging his skills as an experienced Business Development and Partnership Associate.
Throughout his career journey, Kenechukwu has made significant contributions to the DeFi space. Starting as a Content Writer at Rabbithole, he quickly immersed himself in the world of crypto and went on to contribute to the Rabbithole Meta-Governance Pod. He further showcased his talents as a Content Writer and Meta-Governance Representative for Compound Finance at Index Coop. Later, as an Operator at Wildfire DAO, Kenechukwu played an instrumental role in various projects, including Element Finance DAO.
Kenechukwu’s contributions extend beyond his roles within organizations. He has authored and advised on governance proposals for prominent DAOs like Aave, 1inch, Hop, and Paladin DAO, collectively worth over $3 million. Additionally, he facilitated the integration of the Saddle Finance Gauge Market into the Hidden Hand Bribe Marketplace, demonstrating his ability to drive impactful collaborations.
Puncar is a dedicated advocate for DAOs with a track record of impactful contributions across various prominent projects. With a passion for crafting effective governance structures and incentive models, Puncar has played a pivotal role in shaping the decentralized landscape.
Puncar’s journey began in the crypto space in 2017, where he initially worked with EY, collaborating with global blockchain teams. His ability to navigate the complexities of multi-stakeholder management across different countries has uniquely positioned him to understand and contribute to DAO ecosystems.
As a co-founder of Bankless Consulting, Puncar bootstrapped a web3 advisory firm and successfully guided over 20 projects into the world of DAOs. His work has included designing decentralized LinkedIn platforms and building solar data marketplaces, demonstrating his knack for innovative design and execution.
Notably, Puncar is co-authoring ‘How To DAO,’ a forthcoming book aimed at bridging the gap between mainstream audiences and decentralized organizations. Penguin Random House is set to publish this comprehensive guide, drawing from Puncar’s extensive experiences and insights.
Puncar has actively contributed to various DAOs. At IndexCoop, he managed strategic DeFi partnerships, specializing in governance design and incentive mechanisms. His extensive involvement in MakerDAO enhanced his expertise in DAO governance and protocol safety. At Gitcoin, he managed the technical infrastructure to empower DAO contributors and reinforced his commitment to community growth.
With a passion for community growth, governance, and innovative design, Puncar continues to be at the forefront of shaping the future of decentralized autonomous organizations.