Africa Integrate Push Campaign

It has been suggested that the proposal should be presented using the detailed template found here.

Regarding the points raised, and given that this is the first proposal without indications of the number of real participants, engagement, and the number of projects built, I support treating this proposal as a Grant. I believe it could fall under the category of a mini-grant, focusing on a single country, reducing the number of participants, and simplifying the event logistics.

Other points to consider:

• The training of ambassadors should not rely solely on participation in such events, as virtual or low-cost workshops could be considered if developers wish to serve as facilitators. Not all ambassadors are developers or need to have an interest in development topics.

• To maintain participant commitment, I recommend keeping a detailed leaderboard tracking attendance, participation, and significant contributions from each participant, with recognition given to top participants.

• A hybrid class format may work better to expand the program’s reach.

• It is ideal to include in the template and proposed modifications the program content and the duration of each session.

• Rewards should be considered for future events after the African community has been motivated to integrate Push solutions over time and in a sustainable manner. Rewards should be aligned with local events, focusing on the KPIs.

3 Likes