[Discussion] Push DAO Onboarding Program

Author: @christiandike
Reviewers: @SixtyKeys @EC3 @Rene @Carlaupgrade

Simple Summary

This proposal seeks to establish an onboarding program for new members of Push DAO with the aim of turning them into active contributors as quickly as possible.

Abstract

We propose to establish an onboarding program within Push DAO that will ensure that new members are fully integrated into Push DAO, educated about the DAO’s processes and the various contribution opportunities within Push DAO.

Through this onboarding program, new members should be able to gain a working knowledge of Push DAO and should be able to make their first contribution within 1-2 weeks of joining the DAO.

Motivation

The launch of Push DAO v2, Push Grants Program v3, and the Business Development SubDAO, has generated public attention and interest in Push DAO. In order for Push DAO to effectively scale all these programs, meet its KPIs, and become truly decentralized and community-managed, there is a need to get more contributors involved in working towards the growth and development of the DAO.

Currently, there is no formal process for onboarding new contributors to Push DAO. When potential contributors want to join the DAO, the DAO Council takes on the responsibility of onboarding them. This is neither an efficient nor scalable approach as the DAO continues to grow and more members flock in.

This is why it is necessary to establish an onboarding program that runs independently, ushering in potential contributors in a manner that is systematic, streamlined, and incentivizes participation. Without this in place, we may lose potential contributors due to them having a poor onboarding experience.

Specification

Onboarding Program

There will be an onboarding program for onboarding new members into Push DAO. The onboarding program entails a set of activities for new members to complete. By completing these activities, new members will get to learn about Push Protocol, the Push governance process and how to participate and contribute to Push DAO.

The onboarding program is divided into four phases, with each phase containing a set of activities for new members to complete.

:speech_balloon::thinking: What other activities do you think should be included in the onboarding program? Share your suggestions in the comments.

Contribution Streams

In addition to other contribution opportunities within Push DAO such as the Grants SubDAO and the BD subDAO, new members will be able to contribute to Push DAO through any of the following contribution streams:

1. Content: The Content stream is responsible for all content creation activities in Push DAO for public consumption. This includes blog posts, articles, the Push DAO newsletter, social media content, video content, and educational workshops.

Contact person: @Rene

2. Administrative: The Administrative stream is responsible for all operational and administrative activities within Push DAO. This includes taking notes/recaps from meetings, community management on Push DAO Discord/Forum, scheduling meetings, project management, event planning, managing the onboarding process, etc.

Contact person: @SixtyKeys

3. Development: The Development stream provides technical support as needed by Push DAO and Push ecosystem. This includes programming, design, technical documentation, technical workshops, DevRel activities, leading/reviewing technical proposals, etc.

Contact person: @EC3

4. Partnerships & Grants: The Partnership & Grants stream is responsible for driving and securing DAO-to-DAO partnerships, grants, and events for Push DAO. Activities here include researching, sourcing, tracking, and applying for grants, events, and DAO-to-DAO partnerships on behalf of Push DAO, etc.

Contact persons: @CarlaUpgrade and @ChristianDike

Onboarding Calls

As part of the onboarding program, there will be onboarding calls held on the Push Discord. The aim of the calls is to formally welcome new members into the DAO, educate them about how the DAO works, and give them an opportunity to introduce themselves and meet the community.

How frequently should we hold Push DAO onboarding calls?
  • Monthly
  • Bi-weekly (every two weeks)
0 voters

Onboarding Rewards

In order to incentivize people to participate and complete the onboarding process, rewards will be given out to those that successfully complete the onboarding program. In this initial iteration of the Onboarding program, the reward should preferably be non-monetary.

:speech_balloon::thinking: What do you think should be the reward(s) for completing the Onboarding Program? Share your suggestions in the comments.

Implementation

New Joiners Discord Channel

A #-new-joiners discord channel will be created on the Push Discord. The #-new-joiners channel will be accessible to all members who newly join the Push Discord. In the #-new-joiners channel, new members will find all information relating to the Push DAO Onboarding Program and how to get started. New members will be also able to acquire their new-joiner discord role in the channel.

DAO Growth Lead

The DAO Growth Lead @ChristianDike will be responsible for managing the onboarding program and entertaining all related enquiries. He will also be responsible for ensuring that onboarding calls hold as scheduled, contributions are recorded using the Push DAO Onboarding Tracker and contributions are verified before issuing onboarding rewards. The Growth Lead will also be responsible for providing reports and updates to the community on the progress of the onboarding program.

5 Likes

To create a buzz in the web3 community, I feel we should offer rewards like a badge that will give them early access to product launches or beta features.

In essence something that looks like push chad for completing the onboarding program.

This will help jumpstart participation and get people familiar with the platform quickly.

3 Likes

As a new member of Push SubDAO, these guidelines make a lot of sense to me. As a developer, I really enjoyed the onboarding experience I had. Although the process is quite manual, I found it very welcoming.

I think it would be interesting to track metrics of progress and participation. Additionally, I find Gozman’s contribution valuable and would complement it with the idea that badges should have a purpose. In other words, badges that can be earned by completing specific tasks.

For this, it would be interesting to adopt a skill tree concept with a common trunk, outlined in the onboarding process, and some branches representing general domain transversal tasks. I believe this would promote activities and strengthen the profile of new team members. Additionally, it would be excellent to see how versatile a member can be by pivoting between different profiles, thus creating high-value members.

4 Likes

Thanks for the great idea, @christiandike. As the DAO scales, new joiners will be curious about how to participate, and this will be very helpful in allowing them to achieve just that.

3 Likes

I move we move this to a vote by EOW. @christiandike

I support this going to a vote, too. However, I want to suggest a few final changes @christiandike.

Phase 1

• Follow Push DAO and Push Protocol Twitter
  • Opt-in to the Push Protocol and Push Governance channels on the Push dapp
  • Join a Push DAO contributors group chat (To be created)
  • Subscribe to the Push DAO Mirror blog

Phase 2

• Introduce yourself in the Push DAO contributors group chat

A special Discord role, and maybe a Push NFT after completing the process would be really nice.

2 Likes

thanks for the great suggestions @SixtyKeys

2 Likes

a final proposal for the Push DAO Onboarding Program has been posted on the Forum :point_right: here

the proposal will be followed by a temp-check vote and if it passes, then it will go to a snapshot vote.

1 Like

This is going to a vote Monday and will be announced after the temperature check vote.

• FOR
  • AGAINST
0 voters

Currently, this proposal will go to a vote on Monday June 17th.

3 Likes

The vote will be scheduled to begin Monday at 5pm EST. This will give everyone the weekend and most of Monday to delegate their PUSH! (confirmation)

4 Likes

Thanks for the great work and initiative on this @christiandike :purple_heart::bell:

2 Likes

LFG!

Excelent work @christiandike

2 Likes

As noted here on the Push DAO X Account, the snapshot for this proposal is being taken in 2 hours!

https://x.com/Push_DAO

The vote will begin Wednesday June 19th at 9am EST/1pm UTC!

4 Likes

In support for the proposal as well

2 Likes