Women in Web3: Founders Forum
gm! My name is Maricris Bonzo and I’m the Founder and Head of Community at Women in Web3.
• 3+ years of Community Building
• 4+ years of Developer Advocacy
• 6+ years of Full-Stack Software Engineering
With my artistic and techie background, I soon became a Developer Advocate for various companies. I built and deployed lots of full-fledged sample apps with supporting blogs, video tutorials or conf. talks to guide other devs on how to build them.
As you can see, I’m what you can call a Multi-Passionate Creative. I love to code, create content and build communities. Now I’m obsessed with building meaningful communities, DAOs, and experiences for underrepresented folks.
As an underrepresented woman founder in web3, I desire insights from other women who share a similar background and struggles. This is why I’m building the web3 Quora for women founders - the Women in Web3 Founders Forum. A forum where those who identify as a woman can feel safe asking any questions they have about being a founder in web3.
This project aims to build an MVP of the WiW3 Founders Forum:
- User A creates an account
- User A sees a feed of unanswered questions
- User A answers a question
- User B resonates with User A’s answer
- User B upvotes User A’s answer
- User A receives a token reward
- After accruing n token rewards, User A earns a Proof of Wisdom credential
Because this is an incomplete ETHSF Hackathon project, I’ve already identified the project’s tech stack:
- Front-end: Next.js x TypeScript x Tailwind
- Identity: Lens Profile
- Query user data: The Graph
- Upvote/token reward answers: Lens Collect
- Issue Proof of Wisdom: Lens x Polygon ID
- Ask/answer anonymously: Polygon ID
- Notifications of QA: Push
Estimated timeline: 3 months
- December, 2022: complete frontend
- January, 2023: complete backend
- February, 2023: launch the project
I will be working on this project alone. The only costs are my engineering hours.
What are the benefits to the Push Protocol community for investing in this proposal?*
- The community would be supporting Women in Web3, women founders who will find value in the forum, and me (an underrepresented woman founder & engineer in web3); which can inspire more women to join and contribute to the ecosystem.
- Once the project is complete, I’m happy to open-source the code so that others can spin up a forum for their own community.
- The community gets first supporter rights of the very first web3 Quora.
85,714 $PUSH @ $0.28 (or $24K)
- Dec. 16th: frontend skeleton of dapp (including auth & profile)
- Dec. 30th: ask anonymously & see feed of Qs
- Jan. 13th: answer anonymously & upvote/token reward answer
- Jan. 27th: issue Proof of Wisdom credential
- Feb. 10th: soft launch to women founder communities
- Feb. 24th: public launch on Product Hunt