[PROPOSAL] Ambassador Guidelines v1 [Discussion CLOSED, in Vote]

Simple Summary

This proposal aims to create a new framework and guidelines for Push ambassadors to ensure they are active and engaged in Push DAO and the broader Push ecosystem.

Abstract

The Ambassadors program is a unique initiative allowing individuals to represent Push Protocol and Push DAO. As part of the new changes to the DAO structure, the Push Ambassadors program was transferred to the DAO from the Push Foundation. The following proposal is one of many that aim to ensure that ambassadors are aligned and deeply involved with Push DAO. As interest in Push DAO increases, including the number of contributors who wish to become ambassadors, we must ensure that our current ambassadors are engaged and active in Push DAO and the broader Push ecosystem.

Motivation

We currently have three different ambassador hubs, Push en Espanol, Push India, and Push Africa, each with approximately ten ambassadors. While we have some very active and involved ambassadors within Push DAO, the DAO Council believes there can be improvement in this area. We want to see all ambassadors deeply in sync and aligned with Push DAO, its goals, and its ecosystem. Therefore, we will set guidelines that all ambassadors must abide by to ensure they are active and engaged in Push DAO.

Specification

The first version of the Push Ambassador Guidelines seeks to standardize monthly reporting across all ambassador hubs. This proposal outlines the guidelines for the ambassador hub leads and individual ambassadors.

The key changes include the leader of the ambassador hub creating a report collating the activities undertaken by the hub throughout the month and a new task management system to be used across all ambassador hubs. More details, including the format of the reports and the operational details of the task management platform, will be shared on the forum after this proposal is passed, and this process will be continually improved to ensure operational efficiency.

Guidelines for Ambassador Hub Leads

• Each Ambassador Hub is required to host an X Space each month, and the hub’s lead will determine the time and date of the X Space. The hub is free to choose a topic of discussion (Push-related topics are recommended) but requires a guest from outside the Push community to be invited. The DAO Council will suggest topics each month depending on what is happening in Push DAO or the Push ecosystem. The hub lead should ensure that ambassadors are in attendance and will submit a recording of the space and the attendance of ambassadors as part of their monthly report.

• Each Ambassador Hub is required to meet with the DAO Council once a month. This will be a check-in meeting where we will discuss any issues ambassadors face, and the Council will discuss strategic objectives for the ambassador hubs for the month. This meeting should ideally occur on the last week of each month, and all ambassadors are encouraged to attend. The hub lead will share a recap of these meetings and the attendance of ambassadors as part of their monthly report.

• Starting August 1st, each ambassador hub lead must submit a list of their ambassadors, including their names (or pseudonyms), Push forum handles, and X/Twitter handles. This list will be shared as part of each monthly report.

• All ambassador hubs will participate in the same Push group chat. All DAO Council members will be added to the group chat as well. And the ambassador hub leader should make sure that all ambassadors actively communicate in the group chat.

• Each ambassador hub must create a Push channel, and all ambassadors should opt in. The ambassador leads will be in charge of ensuring that the channels are active. What will be shared on the hubs channel should include content from the Push DAO blog, content created by ambassadors, and Push DAO events. The ambassador hub lead will submit everything shared on the channel for the month as part of their monthly report.

• Ambassador Hub Leads will be responsible for sharing and reporting on KPIs for the ambassador hub each month. Updates on these KPIs should be included in each monthly report. These KPIs will be agreed upon by the hub leads and the DAO Council.

Guidelines for Push Ambassadors

• Ambassadors will now be compensated based on their activity throughout the month. As we have observed, ambassadors have varying levels of involvement within the Push ecosystem. This means that we want to encourage and incentivize ambassadors who wish to be more active with the DAO.

• In response, the DAO Council has decided to use the task management platform Zealy. The Zealy platform will allow ambassadors to complete a wide array of tasks asynchronously, allowing them to be flexible with other projects they might have outside of the DAO. This system ensures organized, efficient, and transparent workflows, simplifying task management.

• Rewards for ambassadors will be calculated using the points they receive from tasks completed on Zealy. Each Ambassador Hub Leader is responsible for updating the Zealy board weekly and creating tasks for all ambassadors to contribute to the DAO. After the cut-off period, contributions will be verified, points will be calculated, and the leaderboard will be shared with ambassadors.

• Tasks will be decided on by the ambassador hub leads each month and will be different across the different hubs per the skills of each hub’s ambassadors. The DAO Council will decide on a unified set of tasks that will be shared across all hubs, and these will be tasks related to governance and participation in certain DAO events.

• The DAO Council will select a project manager to create and run the operations of each hub’s Zealy dashboard. The project manager will be responsible for ensuring the effective utilization and operational efficiency of the Zealy dashboards and will be required to transfer ownership and operations to the ambassador hub leads after a 3-month period.

• Push Ambassadors are required to maintain an active social media presence. This includes adding a Push Ambassador tagline on their X account’s bio while mentioning the Ambassador Hub’s X account and the Push Protocol or Push DAO X account. Due to the character limit it might not be able to mention everything. Ambassadors are also encouraged to actively engage with Push DAO/Push Protocol posts, including commenting and reposting.

• Push Ambassadors are required to participate in 75% of Push DAO Governance votes. This means voting on each proposal that makes it to the Push DAO Snapshot page. For those who need help voting, the process is explained here. The DAO Council will send PUSH tokens to each ambassador’s wallet to assist them with gaining some initial voting power. Each ambassador will receive 111 PUSH tokens, sent after this proposal has passed.

Responsibility and Accountability

• Ian Leviness (Push DAO Lead) and Carla Martinez (Push Ecosystem Lead) will be directly responsible for Push Ambassador Programs, meaning they will direct and coordinate the ambassador hubs.

• The Ambassador Hub Leads will be responsible for sharing monthly reports with the Push Forum. The contents of the reports include what was highlighted above and more that will be shared with hub leads after the passing of this proposal. Monthly reports should be shared within the first 5 days of each month.

• Ambassadors will be required to reach a ‘minimum activity threshold’ each month. This means that each ambassador should reach a minimum number of points or do a minimum number of tasks each month to be considered active. Failure to reach the ‘minimum activity threshold’ for 3 non-consecutive months will result in the ambassador being released from the program.

• The DAO Council will be responsible for reviewing contributions submitted by ambassadors on the task management platform Zealy. The DAO Council will review all activities recorded by ambassadors at the end of each month and allocate points that will translate into compensation.

• The Zealy project manager will create and coordinate the Zealy dashboards for the 3 ambassador hubs. They will carry out this role for 3 months while educating the ambassador leads on the use of the platform.

• Synergy and teamwork are the responsibility of all ambassadors. Any violations of these guidelines, breaches of personal values, or the DAO’s culture should first be discussed among the members of the hub in question as a first warning. Sustained violations by a hub member for a period of 2 weeks will result in a report being published in the forum and communicated to the DAO Council, which may take corrective actions that could involve the removal of the ambassador.

Timelines

The following will be the timelines used to determine the operations of Ambassadors and Ambassador Hubs.

• Weekly tasks will be available for completion by ambassadors.
  • The ambassador hub leads must submit their reports on the forum in the 1st week of each month.
  • The DAO Council will meet with each ambassador hub in the last week of each month.

Voting

FOR:
Implement Push Ambassador Guidelines v1 starting August 1st, 2024.

AGAINST:
Do Not Implement Push Ambassador Guidelines v1.

Copyright

Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.

6 Likes

As this proposal has received sufficient discussion over the past few weeks, I am requesting to fast track this vote to snapshot. Please find the Temp Check poll below :point_down:

Ambassador Guidelines v1
  • FOR: Implement Push Ambassador Guidelines v1 starting August 1st, 2024.
  • AGAINST: Do Not Implement Push Ambassador Guidelines v1.
0 voters

Go, please make this live =).

1 Like

LFG! :bell: :purple_heart:
It’s necessary to work together like one big cohort of ambassadors, in terms of the knowledge about Push Protocol and their impact on web3 communications.

1 Like

This vote will definitely go live next week.

Thanks all.

Updates to follow.

That means as long as it passes, the full changes are effective September 1st for 12 months before a full review.

2 Likes

To clarify, this means small changes can be made during the process but the vote cannot be overhauled/completely changed for a year. All good for all involved. Everyone needs a baseline and the process allows for improvements from all people involved.

2 Likes

Thank you for the changes to the proposal.

I am organizing my thoughts in order to share constructive feedback.

One important thing to mention now is that I would like to propose extending the review and voting period for the proposal because there are critical changes in the task management system and the scoring system that were not discussed in the previous proposal.

Regarding these critical points, I believe we need to clarify some aspects of their functioning before the proposal can be approved.

Additionally, I know that several ambassadors have not had the opportunity to thoroughly read the proposal to understand the changes it entails, so it would be beneficial to have more review time so that everyone can process the proposal and provide informed comments and votes.

What we need is clarification what the actual reasons from certain ambassadors’ needs for clarification are because we want this to benefit everyone and drive our ecosystem forward.

Additionally, it is already majority supported but it is in our interest, all of our interest to ensure the guidelines work for all involved, to the best of our ability. Currently, we plan to allow for a few more days next week, with the discussion closed by Friday.

GM team Push

I find the changes and modifications made quite good. I am in favor of continuing to build in community and for the improvements of the Push ecosystem.

I have 2 points to evaluate and clarify:

1. The standardization of the reports will be created by the DAO?
    A type of template where one can capture all the work done by the ambassadors during the month.

2. It is understood that we want to automate processes to better manage the activities of all the ambassador centers, but how are the scores going to be evaluated? Will the DAO have a list of points for each task?
    Each group of ambassadors may have specific tasks that they handle internally and it would be good to be able to see them and be able to define or know if the proposal is approved on August 1 how we are going to handle this.

With these points, I believe that the Push DAO and the ambassador hubs can work as a team. These first months will be a learning period for everyone. Keep Pushing :bell: :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I believe that the points expressed by @Jose and @soymaferlopezp are important and should be taken into account. As for me, I would like to have more clarity regarding the minimum activity threshold mentioned. Since this would be implemented from the beginning of next month, it will likely be necessary to reorganize both on a personal level and for my fellow ambassadors in terms of the set of activities carried out during the month. Or, at the very least, have a tentative structure in place.

I think that these types of guidelines are extremely beneficial for helping to build a solid structure and fostering activity in terms of governance.

Keep pushing! :rocket:

1 Like

Hello everyone, after reading the entire proposal, I have some questions about the metrics being considered to evaluate ambassadors. For example, the minimum number of tasks/points, meetings/Spaces we need to attend, and the level of interaction on social media.

I would have preferred to vote for not implementing it yet to clarify each point. I hope that not only my doubts but also those of the other ambassadors who have written can be addressed.

Keep Pushing :purple_heart:

1 Like

I appreciate the clarity given to the nature of the tasks that Ambassadors undertake, however could we consider segmenting ambassadors to focus on sub-sectors of the ecosystem like DeFi and RWA?

I believe this is important because through ambassador specialialization we can explore and drive awareness for Push Protocol’s use cases in these sub-sectors .

2 Likes

Changing the task management system and the points system for rewards are events that we at the Latam Ambassadors Center have experienced several times, and we know they generate some “chaos” as these are critical processes within each team.

I would like to share some best practices that have worked for us so they can be added to the proposal to facilitate adaptation to the proposed changes and avoid issues when implementing the proposal.

1 The points assigned to each task are determined by consensus and agreement among the team of ambassadors performing the tasks.

To ensure that all contributions made by ambassadors are reflected in a points system proportional to the participation of team members, we in Latam have created an extensive list of the points each task is worth, which includes:

Tasks by departments, tasks by phases of creating the final deliverable, tasks by social media platforms, and the “size” that the same task can have (Small, Medium, or Long). Additionally, the final value of each task takes into account parameters such as the time it takes to complete each task and its weight.

I propose that this points system be applied to this ambassador guideline proposal or at least be applied to the LATAM center.

2 Having an approved list of the points each task is worth by the team is the starting point for beginning to use a new scoring system.

Regarding this, could you explain if the plans for this proposal include disclosing the points list for each task to be approved by the ambassadors’ centers before the month in which the points system starts to be implemented?

3 The task management and scoring system must be flexible in incorporating changes and best practices that arise from monthly experience.

Although all three ambassadors’ centers use Zealy as a task management system, many issues arise in each center when changing the team’s core processes.

I propose that for the next four months, we allow different practices in the ambassadors’ centers regarding scoring systems and how we use the tools or processes related to these systems.

Let each center experiment with these new systems and generate their best practices, and after those four months of experience, decide if there are processes that should be the same for all ambassadors’ centers and which processes should remain different in each center.

This way, the ambassador program standards are defined through best practices gained from experience with the new systems.

4 It is important to audit the record of tasks completed during the month to eliminate errors that may affect the distribution of rewards to ambassadors.

One might think that with the task management tool, contributions are equal to the score of each card on the dashboard, but in practice, this is not the case for several reasons:

• There are many tasks represented by 1 or 2 cards on the board, but in practice, they are 5 or more tasks with different scores to be completed.

For example, one card in the task management system might be: “create an article with original content about X topic.”

In reality, this generates the following tasks: 1. researching the article topic, 2. writing the article, 3. having another ambassador review the article, 4. creating the article banner, and 5. publishing the article on the blog.

5 tasks that could be done by several ambassadors, and if not audited, the points each ambassador earned might be incorrectly assigned.

• Sometimes, the number of tasks to be done in the week is greater than the number of cards the center leader can create in the task management system without becoming a bottleneck for the team.
  • Unscheduled tasks arise during the week, and waiting for the leader to create the card on the board would create too much dependence on one person for tasks to be completed.
  • Errors accumulate in the task management board due to human errors during the month. For example, a task is marked as done, but an audit reveals that the task was not completed or the deliverable did not meet the expected requirements, etc.

Since errors in the task management system or the points system translate into incorrect rewards for ambassadors, it is important to audit.

• Could you please explain if you have an end-of-month audit process included in the proposal? And who and how will the audits be conducted to minimize errors in reward distribution?

5 It is important to document the initial rules of these systems and add best practices and standards generated by the team through practical experience.

This also facilitates the induction of new ambassadors into team operations.

It would be interesting for documenting processes and practices to be a task where Push DAO collaborators can help.

1 Like

The first 5 days of each month occasionally coincide with weekends (when ambassadors generally do not work) or with the execution of important tasks for some of the campaigns or projects we undertake for Push.

Therefore, I propose that the report submission period be extended to the first 10 days of each month to allow for proper completion in the event of the aforementioned circumstances.

About the Zealy project manager:

Could you please explain how the Zealy project manager will be selected? What are the requirements for applying for this role? Will there be a project manager for each ambassador center?

Hey @soymaferlopezp, to answer your questions:

1. Only the ambassador hub leads will be submitting monthly reports. These reports will be standardized across all 3 hubs, and the DAO Council and Ambassador Leads will agree upon the template after this proposal has passed.
  2. The Ambassador hub lead will once again be responsible for creating the tasks and deciding on the points for each task, so each hub will continue with the specific tasks that they were already doing. The lead will still have control over what tasks are done by their ambassadors, the task management is the only thing that will change.

I hope I have managed to answer all your questions :slightly_smiling_face:

The ‘minimum activity threshold’ will be decided by the leader of the ambassador hub and the DAO Council, and it will likely be different for each hub. The threshold should not be that difficult to reach for active ambassadors, but we will definitely share more with all ambassadors once the new system is in place.

Hey @yedidweb3, just for clarification, there will only be a minimum number of points an ambassador needs to reach each month, and this will not be that difficult (aka, you will not be able to reach it if you don’t do any tasks at all). There are no mandatory spaces you must attend and no mandatory levels of interaction on social media, only recommendations to make sure all ambassadors are engaged in the Push ecosystem.

1 Like

Hey @jeromeeth, we have a business development SubDAO that allows any community member to target any project they might be interested in. This is not limited to any sub-sector so that you can explore any areas of interest.

1 Like

Hey @Jose, thank you so much for the great feedback, I will address some of your concerns below:

1. The points assigned to each task will be decided by the ambassador hub lead and the DAO Council (represented by @Carlaupgrade in this case); whether the lead chooses to involve the ambassadors is their decision, as it is their responsibility to ensure the system is fair for all. The LATAM ambassadors already have a good system so I don’t see any problems in continuing it on a new platform.

2. The points will be decided on by the ambassador lead and the DAO Council and will be shared with the ambassadors once the list is complete. There will be new tasks each week and each month, so it will not be possible to disclose everything, but we can decide on an average number of points depending on the category the task falls into.

3. Yes, I 100% agree. At Push DAO, We grow together, and we often build “in-flight.” So this will be a flexible system that we learn from each month, it will not be perfect at the start but we will fix whatever issues may arise.

4. Each contribution will be reviewed before the points are assigned, meaning that you choose a task and complete it, but the task will be reviewed to ensure it was completed properly, so if a task is sub-standard, an ambassador will not receive points (e.g., write an article, but they just copied another article). The DAO Council will initially review the contributions and hand over this responsibility to the ambassador hub lead over time.

We will also be meeting with ambassadors each month, so if there is any unfairness when It comes to how the points are assigned and who they are assigned to, we will do our best to rectify it.

1. This proposal (v1) is just the first step in creating and unifying a new system for ambassadors, so there will be more updates as time goes on and we receive feedback from all parties involved. If you are interested in documenting the processes and practices, that is something that would be very valuable to the DAO. There is another proposal here that allows contributors to get additional rewards for assisting in initiatives like this.

I can change this to the first 5 business days of each month, which is a standard working week, which is more than enough time to compile a report. 10 days is too long, and will slow down the distribution of ambassador rewards even more.

This position will be open for application by any ambassador once this proposal has passed, the role and requirements will be shared here on the forum. There will be one project manager across all hubs for the first 3 months, after which the ambassador lead will take over all project management for their respective hubs.